Thursday, January 05, 2006

What part of "Just stay home" don't you understand?

It seems like every other person in my office is sick, just recovering from being sick, or just about to get sick. (No, I'm feeling fine, thanks very much for asking.)

Now ... I know by writing this down I am courting the wrath of the sneeze gods, so to appease any supernatural, illness-oriented being out there, I humbly send out this offering:

RUSSIAN GARLIC CHICKEN SOUP
8 cups chicken broth
1 ½ bulbs (not cloves) of garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp white vinegar
chopped hard-boiled egg (optional)

- Bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add chopped garlic and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add vinegar and simmer 5 min.
- Place a little chopped hard-boiled egg in the bottom of a bowl and ladle soup over top.

(Recipe from a cookbook by Lucy Waverman.)

May you sniffle in peace ... far, far away from the office!

3 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, January 07, 2006, Blogger Snooze said...

I've made that minus the chicken stock. Just garlic. It really does help. So do spring onions.

 
At 1:56 PM, January 09, 2006, Blogger ink said...

Snooze - Welcome, and thanks for the tip. The Fella's recently become a vegetarian, so it's good to know that the soup keeps its garlic-y magic even without the chicken stock. Think I'll skip the green onions, though -- I can't even stand chives!

 
At 4:27 PM, January 11, 2006, Blogger Snooze said...

Ah, but green onions really do help with a cold. It's magical.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home