Saturday, January 13, 2007

In the Land of Oz (Part 4 - Bondi, here we come!)

Finally, on Wednesday, we took a trip out to the famous Bondi Beach - by bus! - to see the Sculpture by the Sea exhibition. It was well worth the trip! Bondi is very impressive all on its own ...



... and the series of 110+ sculptures laid out all along the coast just added to the experience.

Some of the sculptures were downright whimsical,



while others were equally appealling, but took a bit more thought,



and a few were just … odd.


Luckily we bought the exhibition guide which provided some explanation of what we were looking at. Even so, it was still a bit tricky at times.

After stopping for a late lunch at this beachside cafe ...

... we hopped a bus back to the apartment so we'd have enough time to pack before our flight the following day.  I ended up with a bit of a sun/windburn, but I can say we really enjoyed our day at the beach.

The following morning, we checked out of our hotel and checked in to our flight up to Cairns, Queensland. But that’s a tale for another day …

6 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, January 16, 2007, Blogger Snooze said...

I love sculpture. Your pictures are absolutely stunning. I was right though, now that I see the sharks, I can safely say that I would have been completely freaked at the aquarium.

 
At 7:42 PM, January 18, 2007, Blogger CoffeeDog said...

Glad to see you made it home safely, I was wonderin'

Love the pics!

 
At 2:10 PM, February 18, 2007, Blogger standing said...

Those sculptures are absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing these with us. The inspiration is always a gift.*

" the squatting pitcher" --- a little Dali-esque, no?

 
At 3:00 PM, April 12, 2007, Blogger Greg the Surly said...

I keep coming back to look at the pictures. You certainly have an eye for it.

 
At 12:21 PM, May 18, 2007, Blogger Brechi said...

Great pics...I am SO jealous that you are seeing all this...

 
At 3:05 PM, January 26, 2008, Blogger MYM said...

oooh...great pics! My cousin sent me pics from there...so it's cool to see these!

The waves...wow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home